Thursday, November 16, 2017

Happy Birthday, Nana! Love, Scooter.


HEY PACK LEADER!!!! TODAY IS NANA'S BIRTHDAY!

LISTEN TO ME!
"I hear you Scooter. There is no need to yell." replied Pack Leader.

"Can we do something special for Nana? Please? Please?" begged Scooter.

"What do you want to do?" 

Please? Please? Please?
"I want to do something so exciting it will make her run in circles, jump up and down and wag her tail fast!"

Let's take Nana for a walk!

Ready to go!
Quick, run fast!  Follow me! Follow me! Run faster!

I am first! I am winning!
STOP!!!!
Nana, an electric shock monster lives inside that fence post beside the driveway and it will bite you if you try to sneak past.  Always stop here and wait for Pack Leader to catch up, he will protect you.

Hurry up, slowpoke.
Pack Leader will put your collar and leash on, pick you up and carry you over the monster.  

Ugh!  Too many hot dogs in my belly.
Don't be afraid Nana.  Pack Leader is strong and won't drop you.

Aaah! Great view from up here.
*Top secret message to Nana from Mom:  We set up an invisible electric fence across the driveway to keep Scooter from running off.  After he learned to behave, we took it down.  He thinks it's still there and won't go past it.  We have fooled him into thinking Bill can "carry" him over the monster.  Don't tell him the truth. Shhhhh.

Now the fun begins! It is very exciting outside the fence!  A truck is going down our road!  A real truck!  We rarely have any of those on our road.  In the city, they call it "traffic."

We have traffic!
It is stopping beside our neighbor's wonderful smelly trash cans. THAT MAN IS STEALING OUR NEIGHBOR'S GARBAGE!  OH NO! I can't blame him for wanting the trash, I smell old hot dogs all the way over here.

The neighborhood has gone to the dogs.
Nana, if you pull hard on the leash, Pack Leader will pause and let you smell everything.  

Sniff, sniff, sniff.

Sniff, sniff, sniff.

Sniff, sniff, sniff.

Sniff, sniff, sniff, sniff, sniff, sniff.
Pack Leader, I don't want to pose in front of the yellow flowers so Mom can take a silly old, pretty picture for Nana.

Help me Pack Leader.
"Scooter, Mom really wants this picture.  What is the problem?" asked Pack Leader.


The flowers are surrounded by stick-tight bushes. Ugh.  

Don't worry Nana.  Mom will give your fur a good brushing before you go in the house. 



When we reach the turn-around-hole in the rocks beside the road, it is time to return home.  We always stop here and turn back.  

Turn-around-hole.
Nana, never, ever go past it because there is a BIG dog who barks at me.  I am scared, but will protect you by showing you how to turn around and run BACK FAST!

I am on high alert.
Don't be afraid of being lost, Nana.  I can sniff our way home because your stinky feet left a trail.

What was run over here?
Pack Leader always wants to stop and get the mail.  I don't know why he wants more junk. 

Boring
Nana, all that is left is to walk up the driveway.  It does not look far when you are riding in a car but it is a long way when you walk on four paws and sniff every leaf.


 I am sad since we are almost home.  Pack Leader picks me up and carries me past the shock monster.

My feet are tired.
I am glad you went walking with me today, Nana.  Didn't we have fun!  Oh, by the way.  I know the shock monster is gone but I pretend it is still there so Dad will carry me home when my feet are tired.  Don't tell Mom my secret.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NANA!

8 comments:

  1. I love Scooter! That first picture of him is soooooo adorable! Oh who am I kidding, ALL the photos of him are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nana called me when she saw my pictures. She thinks I am adorable too, even though I was covered in stick tights. I did get a good brushing when we got back to the front porch.
      Love, Scooter

      Delete
  2. What a nice photo reportage!
    Scooter seems to be the most important congratulator.
    Christel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing Scooter loves more than going for a walk and there is nothing Nana enjoys more than seeing pictures of Scooter. I don't think there was one leaf he did not sniff.

      Delete
  3. That was a great birthday present for Nana (and a present for me, as well, as I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Scooter's adventure)! Happy Birthday from California, Nana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a beautiful fall day where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been scrolling through some of the Scooter postings..... thanks for some fun...

    ReplyDelete