Thursday, October 5, 2017

Signs in the Heaven from God. What Do They Mean?

September 22, 2017, the new moon over our front yard which signaled the beginning of the Feast of Trumpets.
I, Scooter, knew something was up because it was time for the Feast of Trumpets.  This year would be the appearance of the prophesied star sign in the book of Revelation of  "The great sign in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, the moon under her feet, and a crown of twelve stars on her head..."  If God said it is great, it must be important.  Some of my non-furry pack members returned home to celebrate and as always, brought their junk.  Why can't they be more like me and travel with only a fur coat?  We dogs are much smarter than humans.

Me observing the junk beside my favorite on-guard-duty-spot.
Since they were here for a short time, I was nice and moved aside so they could find places to sit, even though I am higher in the pecking order.  When you are Pack Leader's favorite, you should be gracious to the others below you.


Mom cooks for days before they arrive so there is plenty of food for everyone.


Meatloaf. I smell meatloaf. Give me meatloaf. Now!
Members of my pack eat anywhere they want which means I must work the whole room to be certain I do not miss any dropped food.  I am an expert at manipulation begging.  No one can resist my charms.  Watch me work.


I see food
I want food
I am starving.
Yum
When we spotted the new moon in the sky, it began the Feast of Trumpets so it was time to blow the shofar (ram's horn trumpet) which is the sound of the voice of God.  My pack members are gentiles and don't have a shofar nor do they know how to blow one.  They did the next best thing and played one on youtube.  I know the sound of God's voice, all animals do. They could have asked me; no one ever asks me.

I really do know it all.
Mom only speaks English so she does not realize the word "Feast" is a poor translation of her Bible.  It should mean an appointment, (Strongs #4150, Moed) which literally means a stated time to meet together for a dress rehearsal for the real performance.  They are like the rehearsal dinner before a wedding.  Everyone meets together at a set time so they can prepare and practice for the real event which will happen at another time.  Jesus fulfilled the Spring Feasts (Passover, First Fruits, and Pentecost) when he came the first time and will fulfill the Fall feasts (Trumpets, Day of Atonement, and Tabernacles) when he comes again.

Jesus told a parable in Matthew 22 about a wedding feast where many people were invited but few bothered to attend.  Mom wants to be prepared so she will know what to do at His wedding.

If you want to prepare also, these videos will help.

Mark Blitz, The Feasts of the Lord, Learn God's Timing and Calendar
Part 1   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cCf1K-Bbhw&t=44s
Part 2   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI_PL_0Effs&t=3671s
Part 3   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzCd51duZx8&t=3173s
Part 4   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pHYhK5oP_0

Before they left, Mom wanted a good picture of everyone together.  They took a million pictures but all were silly.  I was embarrassed by their behavior and didn't want anyone to see my face.


Then Pack Leader looked at everyone, silence followed. Pack Leader never says many words but everyone understands.

Smile for Mom so we can get to the chocolate cake.
A weekend of being the center of attention with constant rubbing and dropped meatloaf crumbles is how life should always be lived.


7 comments:

  1. This post put such a smile on my face. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Scooter. What a big help you are to your mom. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing how important I am to my family. After all, none of them are willing to lick meatloaf off of the floor. If it wasn't for me Mom's floor would never be cleaned.

      Delete
  2. Scooter, you're the best! So dedicated to the wellbeing of your pack, and handsome to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fairly obvious, that Scooter is everybody´s darling.
    Lucky dog!

    Christel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Scooter! What a wonderful idea to celebrate the Feast of Trumpets! I haven't known any other gentiles who do that...a great way to express hope of things to come. All rubbing and food scraps aside, you should have had a bit more of the limelight....after all, without all the clutter and constant thoughts in your head, you do recognize God's voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Sally. Mom does have clutter spinning around in her head and sometimes I can even hear the racket myself with my super-sonic-radar-detecting hearing. I will mention additional limelight since it is a good idea.
      Love, Scooter

      Delete