Tuesday, February 1, 2022

January's Garden (2022)


January has been a miserable month.  It has been nothing but storms. My garden has been slammed, my family has been pummeled and everything is in tatters.


The garden can all blow away and I don't care.


At least some of the hardier vegetables survived the bitter weather. 


Covid has arrived. We all caught it this month.  Everyone is fine except for Bill.  It has settled in his lungs.  He is in the hospital at this moment fighting for his life. We need prayers.

UPDATE, Friday, 2/4/22: Yet another storm has arrived. Everything is covered in ice.  The hospital is seriously understaffed and this will make everything more difficult. 
Bill is holding his own; however, it can easily go either way. It is everyone's prayers that have gotten him this far. 

UPDATE, Monday, 2/7/22:
BILL IS GOING TO LIVE
For six days, we haven't known if he would make it. This past weekend, the doctor said he is over the worst part! When his oxygen level drops from coughing or moving, they now rebound immediately, not twenty minutes like before. (Twenty minutes is an eternity when you are gasping for air.) He is still extremely sick and fragile but we have hope. 

It has been the many prayers that have made the difference. God has heard everyone. I know "a man's days are numbered by God" and this could have been the end of his life. Every day is so precious now. I am so happy I am dancing. The glory goes to Jesus. 

I don't know how to express my gratitude to everyone who heard my cry and stopped from their busy schedules to pray.  It has saved his life. I don't know how to say thank you enough. 

We all thank you.
Jeannie, Joshua, Dustin, Reese, Scooter, and especially Bill

13 comments:

  1. Oh Jeannie, I'm so sorry to hear about Bill, and will be adding you both to my prayers. Joseph and I had Covid the first of the year, but made it through without challenge. Though our winter storms were milder than yours, January has done a number on our collards, kale and mixed greens. We're not sure if we'll get any more at this point. I plan to go through seeds today, and decide what to plant soon. Let's hope the year gets better from here. Sending you a hug. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending a prayer up right now. We're just recovering from covid ourselves. Major hugs!
    --Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this and will keep you all in my prayers...special prayers for Bill. I was just thinking about you and wondering how you were. I hate to hear you've all been so sick. It is a terrible time and I know he is getting good care. Sweet hugs to you my friend, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about all of it Jeannie, but of course Bill is the biggest concern. Sending big hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I am SO sorry about you all getting sick, and will definitely start praying for your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for Bill. My Mom just came out to rehab after her battle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Jeannie, I'm so sorry to hear this! I am praying. I hope things will be much better for all of you, very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm stopping by again to tell you that we are praying for Bill and your whole family. Take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Lord! I have been praying and thinking of you all often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We continue to lift your family to heaven’s gates! So delighted with his progress! Looking forward to Bill being well enough to go home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jeannie, I had no idea! We have had our share of heartache here -- my mom died on Jan. 22, and coming home from her funeral, I had a fever that presaged Covid -- then gave it to husband Dave. Fortunately, our cases have been fairly mild. This was all topped off by losing our dear dog Charley last weekend.

    Soooo glad your darling husband is doing better -- but I'll be praying, anyways. Take care, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could send soup, my friend. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete