Sunday, June 4, 2017

Today's Blooms, June 4, 2017

 

Spider webs.  I have spider webs blooming in my flower bed on the chairs where I pause to sit when weeding. Last week I showed my neglected vegetable garden which was due to me working long hours.  Today, I will share this morning's pictures of my flower garden.  It is worse.


In addition to spider webs, I have weeds.  


Yesterday Dustin and I left at 10:30 am for work and then arrived home after midnight this morning. He also came down with a stomach virus which made the day even harder. The busy season is ending and work will slow down. Dustin is leaving this afternoon for his summer internship and a college class. This summer will be difficult for him.  It will be more difficult for me since I must WEED MY FLOWER BED.  However, thanks to the edit feature on my computer, I am able to crop out the weeds and show marvelous shots of this morning's blooms.  










When I talk to Mom later today she will ask about Dustin, then say, "Your mushroom was pretty but where was Scooter?  I didn't see his picture."

Well, here he is Mom, sitting in his favorite spot (your old rug) on the front porch guarding the yard.


"Are you going back into the air-conditioned house?" asked Scooter.  "There is important work I need to do on the comfy couch." 


"Dustin needs some healing time with  Doctor Scooter before he leaves."

10 comments:

  1. Is that a Hellebore blooming? Somehow, it seems other worldly for Hellebore and Daylilies to be blooming at the same time. Btw....your Daylilies are amazing! Also, I just accepted an offer for 4 metal chairs like the ones in your first picture. They're a mess but, I can see what can be done with them from your picture. I'm glad things are quieting down for you. Now you can get to the things that really count....flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally, I posted the pictures of the Hellebore just for you, after I pulled the weeds away so it could be seen. While traveling for work, I always check out other people's flowers. Last week (the end of May) I saw them blooming in two different flower beds, both in middle Tennessee and both places were in deep shadows. The second bed on the other side of the yard gets the morning sun and they are finished blooming.

      You did good getting the chairs. Mine were also purchased secondhand and have held up well. I do recommend drilling a few holes in the seats so water can drain, adding some big thick cushions, a table set beside to hold tea, and scented flowers close by. Oh, and most importantly, keep them well used so there will not be any spider webs.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that last picture ! What a wistful glance in Scooter´s eyes!
    I think, a dog feels when it´s time to say good-bye for a little while.
    And so many charming daylily species. I also love these flowers. They are beautiful and tough and can be divided so easily.
    Christel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Christel, he was ready to go back in the house and enjoy the cool air. It was getting hot even though it was early in the morning. I still have more getting ready to bloom. I love them because they are so easy.

      Dustin dreaded going back since it is going to be so difficult. He hugged and rubbed on Scooter every time he passed him while packing up his stuff. I was glad Scooter's hair was long or Dustin might have rubbed it all off.

      Delete
  3. Jeannie, I'm not afraid of bugs, snakes or spiders. Sounds brave, doesn't it? It isn't. There just aren't any that are dangerously poisonous here....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the flower pictures. I posted my flowers on my blog: https://beckyathome.wordpress.com/2017/06/06/garden-update-june-6-2017/

    It has rained a lot around here this spring, as well, but finally stopped and has been sunny for a few days. Now, there is supposed to be another batch of rain starting Thursday. I don't mind a little help getting everything watered!

    I'm glad to see you posting again. Trust me, I "get" busy, though. I've hardly been able to breathe lately, but hopefully summer will slow things down a bit. Tonight I went out after the school choir concert and hoed for 10 minutes, until I could not see anymore. A little is better than none!! So far, the purslane (weed) is trying to win, but I keep whacking away at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becky, feels good to be back to a slower pace. I did miss posting and reading my favorite blogs, yours of course, is one of them. It will take some time to catch up but it will be fun doing it.
      It is nice to be missed.

      Delete
  5. Who seeds weeds when your looking at those beautiful flowers? Last year we didn't have our garden sprayed and I had spider webs. The year before I did and had none. I decided to cave and have it sprayed again. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spraying instead of weeding; what a good idea!

      Delete