Thursday, July 11, 2019

Local Ladies' Garden Club, Flower Show


My garden club sponsored a flower show and it was a big production for our little country town.  It was a huge success.  Below is the arrangement I entered.  Every bloom in my yard was picked and I spent hours arranging then ripping out and arranging again.



All the work paid off because I was awarded the blue ribbon in my division!!!

The judges' comments:
Excellent example of "Traditional"
Plant material very perfect
Container compliments traditional 
Form perfection!


Everyone else's arrangement was perfect in my opinion and here are a few of them to prove my point.










It will be two years before we have a show again because it will take us that long to rest up from this one!

Additional Garden Club Links:
Local Ladies' Garden Club, January's Meeting
Local Ladies' Garden Club, Valentine Party
Local Ladies' Garden Club, July's Meeting
Local Ladies' Garden Club, October's Meeting

8 comments:

  1. Your arrangement is gorgeous. Congratulations! I love the poppy seed heads mixed in with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poppy seed heads are from the ones I grew in the vegetable garden this past spring. I threw the seeds out, not expecting anything to grow and they sprouted under the hoop house. They seemed to like it there. I have saved every seed I could find and will plant them everywhere this fall.

      Delete
  2. In this case I agree with the judges! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! It must be so satisfying to know that you grew them all yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many gorgeous, gorgeous arrangements. Thank you for sharing these pics. And congratulations on your award. You are a very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a great day for you and the other ladies of your garden club.
    I see, that the styles of the arrangements and the vases were quite different.
    Traditional like yours and also in ikebana style. I think, all participants must have been
    a bit nervous. (Well, I would have been.)
    It is great that you got this excellent place. You have deserved it.
    The coming two years, before the next competition will take place, give you time to think about
    new ideas how the flower arrangement could be made then.
    Christel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I think it was a well deserved win. The others were beautiful, but to my inexperienced eye, only one or two others even came close to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you deserved the ribbon for sure, but my goodness, there are so many beautiful ones, how do judges decide?
    You have a talent that I definitely do not have. Keep up the beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete