Sunday, December 17, 2017

Scooter, Where No Dog Has Gone Before


Scooter, The Great Explorer after he scaled the massive heights of a tree stump
Pack Leader said he needed to do some work in the field and since the ticks are frozen and gone, I could travel with him to the great unknown, the other side of the fence.  We were going into outer space!

GASP!
I WENT WILD!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Sniff, Sniff, Sniff.
Sniff, Sniff, Sniff.
Sniff, Sniff, Sniff.
I was fearless in my explorations.  Nothing stopped me from searching and smelling everything.




I was relentless in my pursuit of excitement and only paused when Pack Leader offered a drink of water from his personal canteen.  I don't mind drinking out of his dirty hand.  We are explorers and must be willing to rough it when necessary.


When we arrived at the furthermost reaches of the universe, we discovered aliens!  Pack Leader befriended them with honeysuckle twigs.  Aliens eat strange things.


The biggest one is named "Billy" because I have heard with my super-sonic-radar-detecting hearing his Pack Leader calling him for dinner.  She will come out of the kitchen door and yell in a loud soprano voice, "BILL...EEEEEEEEEE!  He obeys and comes running.


He attempted but could not breach the forcefield.

Huge Alien Sniffer!
This is a black hole and is the entrance to a wormhole.  Water seeps down and disappears deep into the dark crevices of a spatial anomaly. To the untrained eye, it appears to be a sinkhole caused by rainwater eroding the limestone.  I know the truth.


It is a deep, dark dangerous hole.


This is the very bottom and Pack Leader watched me and would not let me go close.  He is overly protective sometimes.

The very, very bottom.
Pack Leader cut pine branches and Mom collected pine cones to make winter decorations. 

These are decorations?  Why?

By this time it was late afternoon and Mom said we had enjoyed enough excitement for one day.  There is more to investigate later, like the spot where someone dumped roofing shingles years ago, a dried up pig pond and the deep, dark woods in the back.

Whew.
It was time to return home for a bathtub decontamination and dinner rations.  Beam me up, Scotty.  I am ready.


5 comments:

  1. This is a paradise for dogs!
    Every "city dog" would be envious.
    Christel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad you were able to get out--all 3 of you! It looks like you have some great decorations now along with your fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scooter’s glee at exploring with the family always puts a smile on my face. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a big day for Scooter : )
    Love the Star Trek references!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom is a hardcore Trekkie and has always loved sci fi. I knew she would get the references. Scooter, he enjoyed the most exciting day of his life. He slept all of the following day.

      Delete