Sunday, February 23, 2020

Scooter's Abyss


It has been raining non-stop forever and when we finally had a clear day, I (Scooter) offered to lead Mom and Dustin on a neighborhood reconnaissance mission.  Fresh mud puddles have the best flavor and highest nutritional value.


As protector of my pack, it falls to me to sniff out anything dangerous.


Mother is oblivious to everything except wildflowers; but, since there weren't any, she decided to admire the local rocks.  Why, oh, why does Mom love rocks?







Being a genius investigator, I discovered something dangerous lurking at the edge of our road.  It just appeared and isn't noticeable until you are close. 


Do you see it now?


A massive pothole is devouring my road!


Of course, I discovered it first.


I yelled at Dustin to warn him, "DON'T FALL IN!"


He clings to me when he is afraid.


It is the biggest, most hazardous pothole in the universe and since I found it, we all agreed it should be named after me.  Explorers often name discoveries after themselves so it is decreed to be  "Scooter's Abyss." (Maps and GPS coordinates will soon be updated).


It was unsafe and threatened to swallow cars so Mom called our local county's Department of Pothole Annihilation and requested a road repair crew be dispatched.  They quickly obeyed.


Their excellent work met my strict standards.  However, everyone knows potholes will multiply if left unguarded.  Since it is in my territory, it is now my responsibility to watch over this vanquished enemy so it never returns.  The world can sleep easy tonight - I am on duty!


Rocks in My Neighborhood
Happy Birthday, Nana! Love, Scooter (Another exciting neighborhood walk)

12 comments:

  1. Scooter is an excellent storyteller. That's quite a hole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Laurie, thank you for the kind compliment.
      Love, Scooter

      Delete
  2. Scooter, I am with your mom and find rocks fascinating. Thank you for keeping her safe...I would miss her if she no longer blogged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Rose, I do take my responsibility to protect Mom seriously but if anything ever happened to to her, don't worry. I would take over writing her blog - everyone says I write better than she does anyway.
      Love, Scooter

      Delete
  3. Oh my, that's a scary pothole! I'm glad you got it fixed and that Scooter is safe. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Beth, it was a TERRIFYING pothole which is why I choose to allow it to be named after me. Only an exceptional pothole deserved the honor of carrying my name through perpetuity.
      Love, Scooter

      Delete
  4. Scooter, You are one smart pooch! And cute, too. P.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't have like to find that pothole driving home on a dark night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Diana, I am sure I have saved someone's life by destroying that massive pothole. I am a brave hero.
      Love, Scooter

      Delete
  6. Scooter is SO adorable and so brave too! (I also enjoy learning more about the beauty of Tennessee via his mom's photography!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't looked at your blog for awhile. I see Scooter is still maintaining his superhero status! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Jo, it is good that you have recognized I am a superhero. If the whole world agreed with you then they would be correct.
      Love, Scooter

      Delete