Wednesday, October 26, 2016

And So It Begins...


Today, I decided my mind is lost and I need to start a blog to write everything down before it is forgotten - that includes my car keys, wherever they may be.

No, seriously. I was wishing I could talk to my past relatives and learn about family history. When I look at a nephew, I can see a cousin's face in his expressions, a man he will never meet. One of my sons stands and props his arm on his hip just like my brother.  Another son has inherited his personality (Lord help me). Thank goodness they have been able to know him and often laugh together at the similarities. I, on the other hand, as a child years ago in the summer discovered my toes look just like my Uncle Johnny's! My feet were bare and his wife said, “Goodness look at your feet. They look just like his!” He removed his big, heavy work boots and inside were large copies of my toes. That felt strange, so much so that I can still recall the moment fifty years later. I can't do much about the past but I can do something about the future.

This blog will be written about the everyday events of my family, lessons learned and battles fought. It will probably be boring to many; but, hopefully, it will be fascinating to those who are a long way off.

Additional Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment