Friday, October 25, 2019

And I'm Back...


We finally have internet again and are no longer living in the horse and buggy days.  We survived without it just fine, well, almost.  Not being able to know the weather forecast drove me crazy until Dustin suggested I use my phone.  Duh!  After I realized I could check it, I no longer cared.  When is the weatherman ever right anyway? Bill missed reading the news but nothing in the world has really changed.  Democrats blame the Republicans, Republicans blame the Democrats, and the Independents blame everyone. The one thing I did realize was how much I have come to enjoy my online friends.

"What's wrong with horse and buggy days?"

Tomorrow on October 26th, it will be my third year blogging anniversary.  Looking back over these years, the changes in my life have been drastic.  I can't even begin to imagine how the future might unfold.  I suppose that is life, always changing.  Anyway, my plans are to continue muddling along as best as I can and welcome everyone to join me.

"Except for cats - they aren't invited,"  said Scooter 

Additional Links:
And So It Begins... (My very first post 2016)
And So It Continues...(2017)
And On We Go...(2018)

10 comments:

  1. so glad to see this post...the horses are beautiful. It is sure hard for me when I don't have internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 3rd blogversary! It's funny, but when I moved here and gave up TV, the only thing I missed was the weather, so I understand. That was before the days of computers, which is how I keep up these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We realized we don't have a TV or a radio either. We use the computer for everything so it was a shock. I remember when home computers were first being marketed to families and I couldn't imagine their usefulness. Of course, that was before the internet went very far.

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy to have met you through our blogs! I'll never forget one of your first comments when you sang! heehee! I still come to visit and start singing the Paw Paw song! Enjoy your weekend! Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be glad my "singing" was in writing and not in person. I can't carry a tune even in a bucket!

      Delete
    2. Then we could sing together! heehee! You're the BEST!

      Delete
  4. Some flowering plants seem to be international. Like the one on your first picture.
    We call it Herbstaster. Is it a Michaelismas dairy in English? A lovely modest
    flowering plant.
    Christel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know the name of the plant. Reese brought it home for me a few years ago. Someone he knew was weeding her garden and Reese asked for a small piece. He said I would have to wait to see what it looked like since all he gave me was a root. Not knowing, the next year I waited all summer and it finally bloomed right before frost. It was a long, long wait. He thought it was funny.

      Delete
  5. Happy third blogaversary!

    We have a battery radio for loadshedding emergencies. About to change to fibre optic internet. Nervous about that whole process!

    ReplyDelete