Sunday, October 27, 2019

The Last Straw...Hat!


"Hello.  I see you watching while I work in the garden." I said.  "You are nagging me to stop weeding, grab some of the forbidden tender grass, hand-feed you and rub your nose. You are spoiled rotten.  Alright, one more time and then I must get back to work."


"OUCH! Don't pull my straw hat off my head!  Give it back!" 


"It's mine now," said the spoiled rotten horse.


"It tastes delicious - aged straw with a hint of cherry blossom shampoo and honeysuckle hairspray." 


"Munch, munch, munch."



"Give me my hat back!" I demanded.


"It is a fashionable hat, the sun is bright, no one wants old-age wrinkles so I will wear it."


It isn't what you wear, but how you wear it."



"Hey Mom, this is my new look. The human fell for the sad, hungry eyes trick, bent over too close to the fence and now the straw hat is mine.  Don't I look avant-garde?"


"No.  You look ludicrous.  Why would any self-respecting clotheshorse want to parade around with dinner on top of their head?  Straw is for eating - not wearing."


"Huh?"



Trailblazing new fashion trends is not easy.

Additional Links:
Introducing Our New Roommates
The Stork Paid Us a Visit
The Stork Returns for Another Visit

7 comments:

  1. Lol...if we only knew....I wonder what they do think of us sometimes. Cause I am sure they think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They think I am a pushover. All they have to do is stand at the fence gazing and I will start pulling up grass for them to eat.

      Delete
  2. I know what is on your shopping list the next time you go to town.
    A brand new straw hat, -- newest model.
    Christel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right except that I have already gone shopping, couldn't stand being without a hat. However, it is late in the season, so my choices are limited. All I could find was a hat on summer clearance at the dollar store that looked like straw but was some kind of cheap plastic. It flops down in my eyes but I know the horses won't bother it.

      Delete
  3. LOL. She made you a visor hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, she made HERSELF a visor hat! It is far out in the field, who knows where and I doubt if I will ever see it again. We might find it shredded up when they come to mow.

      Delete
  4. Oh my! You think of goats liking a straw hat...well, I NEVER! heehee!

    ReplyDelete